7 tricks to Viral Web Marketing

SEM is an ever changing experience. Post any news, articles or helpful information for your fellow Search Engine Marketing colleagues.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Rijas » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:14 am

Viral marketing and viral advertising refer to marketing techniques that use preexisting social networks to produce increases in brand awareness, through self-replicating viral processes, analogous to the spread of pathological and computer viruses. It can be word-of-mouth delivered or enhanced by the network effects of the Internet.
[1] Viral marketing is a marketing phenomenon that facilitates and encourages people to pass along a marketing message voluntarily.
[2] Viral promotions may take the form of video clips, interactive Flash games, advergames, images, or even text messages.

It is claimed that a satisfied customer tells an average of three people about a product or service he/she likes, and eleven people about a product or service which he/she did not like.
[3] Viral marketing is based on this natural human behavior.

The goal of marketers interested in creating successful viral marketing programs is to identify individuals with high Social Networking Potential (SNP) and create Viral Messages that appeal to this segment of the population and have a high probability of being passed along.

The term "viral marketing" is also sometimes used pejoratively to refer to stealth marketing campaigns
[4]--the use of varied kinds of astroturfing both online and offline
[5] to create the impression of spontaneous word of mouth enthusiasm.

for more info.....http://www.baekdal.com/articles/Brandin ... ng-tricks/

:)

RIjaS
Rijas

Re: 7 tricks to Viral Web Marketing

Postby Steve Smith » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 am

Viral marketing is a really cool thing. Just think about it, instead of spending an insane amount of money on newspapers ads, TV commercials or banner ads, you spent nothing - and let your fans do all the work for you. With viral marketing, your campaigns will suddenly get a life of its own - and start to spread like a virus. Everyone want to see it, and when they do, they all want to share it.
|
Steve Smith

Tell us why you would like to become a WyseLabs Member:

Re: 7 tricks to Viral Web Marketing

Postby AthenBoyle » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:09 am

Yes, Viral web marketing is another important sector of internet marketing like SEO. I heard many people use Facebook, Youtube and Twitter for their viral marketing and it works well. I want to learn more about Viral marketing using social networks. I tried, but I could not get more success as I predict :(
|
AthenBoyle

Tell us why you would like to become a WyseLabs Member:

Return to Search Engine Marketing